Lintek na ITPro to, pahamak sa Sabado Nights KO!

forced to blog...*sniff*

Saturday, October 28, 2006

... Last na pahirap sa ITPro ...

1. what 3 major lessons you learned from this course.

I have learned a lot when i took my ITPro class. I already have an idea that the teacher would be "exciting" and at the same time can be a "spawn from...".

- I did learn from this course that you do not know everything. I thought i already knew how to navigate my way through the Windows operating system, but i realized there can be different ways to do that. I was pretty confident with my skills in Office applications like Excel, Powerpoint. Until i encountered the 7 modules. It was terrible, I barely passed some of the exams and even failed in some of them. I have always kept an open mind, learn new things, and sometimes you do need to go back to the basics to learn more stuff.

- This course has a lot of requirements and i had a hard time working on them. I have 3 jobs(my day job, my teaching job, moonlighting) and for some inexplicable reason, i took this my masters. Im very busy, but i never realized I still had the energy and commitment to finish the requirements. My team/classmates helped me get through this hell, always saying, "hey, we enrolled this subject, lets try to finish what we started".

- I have never given much thought about blogging but now, well, i have a blog for my masters, and a spinoff for other stuff. Actually, i link my spinoff to my masters so some guys would read it. I alreay installed a traffic counter, and because of my posts, i got a lot of hits even from outside the country.

2. what new topics should be taught in this course.

Im not really sure if we need new topics as of now, but i guess, for more enrichment, add more cases and exercises. Maybe if there are new technologies to discuss, probably.

3. what improvements should be done for this course.

I the class has no IT background, it is a good idea to give more background on some cases or give extra assistance so they will at least have an idea what theyre getting into.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home